These are customizable leather turnshoes, made in the style of the historical shoes worn during the Viking Age, and custom fit to your feet. These shoes are perfect for LARP, SCA, Renaissance Faires, festivals, etc. These are the shorter Jorvik Boot option, with two toggles.
IMPORTANT: Please read ALL of the following information to make sure you get the most out of your customized product! Also take note of the estimated processing time. These shoes take time to make, as they are completely custom-made and handsewn.
How to order:
1) Choose quantity from the drop down box
2) Choose primary color: This will be the color of the main top leather of the shoes. Shown is the Dark Brown option.
3) Choose leather weight. This option is for the sole of the shoes. The soles of these shoes can be made out of two different weights of leather.
- The thinner version is the "6/7oz". This option allows for the leather to mold better to the feet, but does not protect as well from the ground or elements. This is better for wearing on soft ground, like a forest floor.
- The thicker version is the "8/9oz". This option is not as flexible, but is more protective from the ground. This is better for use on dirt roads or indoor flooring. **These shoes are for historical reenactment and I do not recommend wearing them on pavement or sidewalks for daily use**
4) Click the "add to cart" button
5) In the text entry box at checkout, please enter the following information:
- Your footprint and measurements. See more information on this below.
Your footprint and measurements:
These shoes are made completely custom to your footprint. In order to get the best fit possible, I need a picture of a tracing of your footprint...
1) Make sure you are wearing the socks you plan on wearing with these shoes. I would recommend heavy socks if you plan on wearing these shoes in colder weather.
2) Trace the outside of your foot on a white piece of paper.
3) Place a standard ruler or measuring tape next to this drawing, and take a photo from above. Be sure that the ruler isn't covering any of the tracing, and capture the entire ruler and drawing in the image.
4) Upload and send me this picture either during or right after checkout. I will not be able to start work on your shoes until I receive this picture.
I also need the following measurements, which can be entered in the text entry box at checkout:
- Circumference of the ball of your foot
- Circumference of the heel of your foot
- Circumference of your ankle
Have a different idea in mind for a custom piece? Schedule a Consultation for Custom Character Piece: https://embercraftcreations.com/listing/684266145/consultation-for-a-custom-character
Need your order faster? Check out my Rush Order Shipping upgrade:
Since each piece is custom made to you, I do not accept returns on any products!
This custom piece is completely handmade by me, the owner and creator of Embercraft Creations.
Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for updates and progress shots of my current projects: @EmbercraftCreations
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Marin Gardner, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me using the contact information below.
Almost all of my listings (excluding OOAK items) are customizable in regards to color, sizing, carving details, etc. If you are looking for an entirely custom piece, schedule a Consultation for a Custom Character Piece: https://embercraftcreations.com/listing/684266145/consultation-for-a-custom-character
Many of my items require sizing information. For my handmade Historical Shoes, you must send me your custom measurements either as a message or in the Personalization box during checkout. Be sure to read the full item description for its specific sizing information.
Do you need your item fast? Use a faster shipping option, and add my Rush Order Processing & Shipping Upgrade to your order. This listing will bump your order to the front of the line: https://embercraftcreations.com/listing/620330215/rush-order-processing-shipping-upgrade
May 24, 2020
I love these shoes, very well made and quite beautiful! I'm looking forward to wear them in summer for the first time together with the whole outfit.
Jun 3, 2018
Really awesome. A bit tight on my right big toe, but I've stretched it out a bit and I know with time they will mold a bit more to my feet.